Portland Area Testing - Portland Jetport (PWM)
Attention: This testing site will be closing permanently on Sunday, May 30, 2021. No appointments will be available after this date.
Community members, and Maine visitors arriving at the airport will have access to COVID-19 testing at this location beginning Monday, November 9, 2020. Testing options include a 1-Hr Rapid Test ($25/test, payable on-site) and a 3-Day Standard RT-PCR Test ($0).
PLEASE NOTE: Each participant requires a separate appointment.
Please make an appointment by clicking the MAKE APPOINTMENT button below. On the day of your appointment, park in short-term parking (free for up to 30 minutes), cross the street and follow signage to the entrance and testing area.
Please make an appointment by clicking the MAKE APPOINTMENT button below. On the day of your appointment, look for signage on Level 1 and follow it to the testing area. If possible, limit baggage in the testing queue area.
Portland International Jetport (PWM)
1001 Westbrook Street
Portland, ME 04102
Eligibility & Accessibility
- Testing is available to anyone interested in receiving a test. You do not need to be a ticketed airline passenger.
- Note that participants must be at least 2 years old.
- Testing is being conducted in the “public” section of the airport (Level 1) – you do not need to pass through security or into the gate area.
- Note that short term parking is FREE for the first 30 minutes.
Monday – Sunday: 10:45am – 10:30pm (State Lab is closed Sundays for processing)
- Standard RT-PCR Test ($0): This RT-PCR test requires a nasal swab (typically self-administered by the participant, with supplies and instruction provided by our staff). Once completed, it is processed by the Maine State Lab (HETL). Results are made available via a secure email, typically within 72 hours of collection.
- Rapid Test ($25): This molecular test requires a nasal swab (typically self-administered by the participant, with supplies and instruction provided by our staff). Once completed, it is processed on-site using Abbott ID Now® equipment. Results are made available via a secure email, typically within 1 hour of collection.
Appointment Changes & Travel Interruptions
- Appointment holders may use the link provided in their confirmation email to reschedule or cancel appointments as necessary.
- If you are visiting Maine and you miss your scheduled Standard Testing appointment time due to a flight delay or cancellation, this testing can be provided when you arrive (if before 10:30pm) or the next day at your convenience.
- Due to limited inventory, Rapid Testing cannot be rescheduled. We encourage previous appointment holders to check availability and make a new appointment. Alternatively, Rapid Testing appointment holders can transition to Standard Testing without a new appointment and at any time during operating hours.
No referral necessary. By appointment only.
Participants must be at least 2 years old. Testing options and schedules vary by site.